Important Insurance Dates and Deadlines
|Spring Crop Field Corn||Soybeans||Popcorn||Fall Crop wheat|
|Sales Closing for MPCI||March 15||March 15||March 15||September 30|
|Final Planting Dates||June 5||June 20||May 31||October 20|
|Acreage Reporting Deadline||July 15||July 15||July 15||November 15|
|Payment Due Dates||September 1||September 1||September 1||July 1|
|End of Insurance Period||December 10||December 10||December 10||October 31|
Production Reporting for all crops listed above is 45 days after sales closing
Definitions of Date Descriptions:
- SALES CLOSING DATE - last day to apply for coverage.
- FINAL PLANTING DATE - last day for full coverage.
- ACREAGE REPORTING DATE - last day to report the acreage planted. If not reported, insurance will not be in effect.
- DATE TO FILE NOTICE OF CROP DAMAGE - immediately, if farmer determines that the crop is damaged after harvest begins; or the end of the insurance period, whichever is earlier.
- END OF INSURANCE PERIOD - latest date of insurance coverage.
- PAYMENT DUE DATE - last day to pay the premium without being charged interest
- CANCELLATION DATE - last day to request cancellation of policy for the next year.
- PRODUCTION REPORTING DATE - last day to report production for Actual Production History (APH).
- DEBT TERMINATION DATE - date insurance company will terminate policy for nonpayment.